Qualifications & Experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Relate Certificate in Relational Counselling
- EFT - Emotional Focused Couples Therapy - Externship and Additional Core Skills
- Certificate in Psychosexual Studies - Tavistock Relationships London
- Online Counselling Training - Relate
Additional Counselling skills training includes:-
- CBT, Gestalt and Suicide (ASIST Training)
Prior to Private Practice, I worked and trained as a Couples Counsellor at Relate Mid-Yorkshire.
My initial Counselling qualifications lead me to work within general counselling. Receiving referrals from GPs and IAPT Services, general counselling lead me to work with individuals experiencing depression, low self-esteem, bereavement, trauma, abuse, anger and anxiety.
I've counselled clients at BRAVE (Bradford Reducing Anger and Violent Emotions). I have worked at Behind Closed Doors in Leeds, providing emotional and practical support for survivors of Domestic Abuse. Both roles provided an insight into the complexity of Attachment needs and lead me to specialise in Couples Counselling.
My work within Mental Health includes working for Together Pathways in collaboration with North Yorkshire Police. The role enabled me to engage with clients experiencing mental distress who repeatedly make contact with emergency services or who are at risk of entering the criminal justice system.
From working within mental health I have gained a deep respect and greater understanding of those who experience this. This understanding proves invaluable to my Counselling work. I also recognise that ‘life happens’ and feel my own life experiences work in the service of my clients.